Registration opens from 8-9 a.m. on each Monday of camp. Campers must check-in with camp staff each morning when they enter the Siegel Center concourse, before heading down to the court to play or join attendance lines. Doors open at 8:30 am.
For your drop-off and pick-up convenience, camp families may park in the Bowe Street Deck (609 Bowe St.) just west of the Siegel Center between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for free. On Friday, the afternoon is from 12-4 pm. Camp is covering the cost of parking during these hours.
If you would like to visit camp during other hours, parking is available for a fee in the West Broad Street Deck (1111 West Broad St.). The daily rate for the West Broad Street Deck is $10 (no in and out privileges). It has entrances on both Harrison and Shafer Streets.
There is also limited metered and restricted parking available on West Broad and Marshall Streets.
What to bring to camp
We compiled a checklist of a few things that might be helpful when you drop your camper off with us this summer.
What to bring:
- Tennis shoes
- Basketball shorts
- Water bottle (If needed – we will have water during lunch, access to water fountains, and water at the camp store)
- Lunch (if you have food allergies)
- A good attitude!
What not to bring:
- Cash (We suggest putting money in your child’s camp bank instead.)
- A lunch – Lunch will be provided every day. (Feel free to bring a lunch if you have food allergies)
- Cell phones or other devices (If your child does bring one, Coach Rhoades Basketball Camps is not responsible if the item gets lost or stolen.)
Lunch daily is included in the camp fee. (Vendors are subject to change)
- Kroger sandwich, chips and apple – Monday
- Chick-Fil-A – Tuesday
- Kroger Sandwich – Wednesday
- Lee’s Chicken – Thursday
- Pizza – Friday
Vegetarian options may be available. We can’t accommodate food allergies. You may pack a lunch to supplement our offerings if the menu doesn’t suit you. Please note that we are unable to refrigerate camper-supplied lunches. We are unable to offer discounts to campers who bring their own lunches, due to the already deeply discounted camp fee relative to comparable camps.
We will have athletic trainers on site throughout camp this summer to assist campers in the main and auxiliary gyms. If a child has a food allergy, parents should inform the trainer, as well as specify what the allergy is on the camp’s online forms and provide medication to the camp. An athletic trainer will be seated near the registration desk on the first day of camp to collect medications and answer parent questions.
Early pick up
If you need to pick up your camper early one day, please notify us at (804) 828-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can have your camper ready to go at the designated time. Also, please sign out the camper with the security guard seated at the gym entrance from the concourse.
The Camp Store sells snacks, drinks and apparel and we urge parents to add money to their account at registration instead of carrying cash, which can easily be lost while running up and down the court.
Child tax credit
The running, jumping and layup shooting your camper does at Coach Rhoades Basketball Camps may qualify for a childcare tax credit. Keep a copy of your payment receipt for tax purposes and when it comes time to file taxes, you should ask a tax professional for specific advice.
Subject to change
- 8:30 am Daily Check-In
- 9 am Roll call and stretching
- 9:20 am Drills and fundamentals
- 11 am Individual competitions
- Noon: Lunch
- 1 pm Guest Speaker
- 1:30 pm Contests and 3-on-3 and 1-on-1 competition
- 3:15 pm 5-on-5 league play
- 5 pm Announcements and dismissal, except on Friday when we dismiss at 3 pm
GYM RATS SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- 8:30 am Daily Check-In
- 9:00 am Roll call and stretching
- 9:15 am Skills, drills
- 10:15 am Snack
- 10:30 am Skill development and group competitions
- 11:00 am Games
- 12:00 pm Dismissal
Each camper is assigned to a team and a coach for the week. Sometimes parents will request that certain campers are placed on the same team. Our policy is to accommodate the request if it affects just a few campers. If you have such a request, please email email@example.com.